[HEADUP] FreeBSD Gecko's TODO and plan for future

Andrew Reilly andrew-freebsd at areilly.bpc-users.org
Tue Aug 25 03:57:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 07:54:35PM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:11:35 +1000
> > From: Andrew Reilly <andrew-freebsd at areilly.bpc-users.org>
> > Maybe the list will get shorter if I just repeat the rebuild
> > process a few times?...
>
> It will, but using the order from the command above will save time.

For what it's worth, it took another three iterations, each much
shorter than the last.  So I'll leave worrying about the
dependency graph stuff until the next time...

> > That's good to know.  It'd be nice to be able to get rid of
> > firefox2, if it's not going to get security patches.
>
> Yes, as soon as I can build mplayerplug-in without it, it's history. And
> none too soon.

Yep: I now have a firefox2-free system.

Great stuff.  Thanks Joe, all.

I wonder, though, doesn't libxul have the same security issues
as gecko wrapped up in firefox2?

Cheers,

--
Andrew