[HEADUP] FreeBSD Gecko's TODO and plan for future

Andrew Reilly andrew-freebsd at areilly.bpc-users.org
Tue Aug 25 00:24:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 10:26:25PM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> You can set WITH_GECKO=libxul in make.conf, and most of these should go
> away.

I've done that (and installed libxul!) and re-built all of the
ports in firefox-2.*/+REQUIRED_BY, and my list is now:

alacarte-0.12.1_1
brasero-2.26.3_1
cairo-clock-0.3.2_3
cheese-2.26.3_1
deskbar-applet-2.26.2_1
empathy-2.26.2_1
eog-2.26.3_1
epiphany-2.26.3_3
epiphany-extensions-2.26.1_1
gnome-control-center-2.26.0_2
gimp-2.6.6,2
gnome-applets-2.26.3_1
gnome-games-2.26.3_1
gnome2-2.26.3
gtkam-gnome-0.1.16.1_1
hamster-applet-2.26.3_1
orca-2.26.3_1
seahorse-plugins-2.26.2_2
sound-juicer-2.26.1_1

That's a lot shorter than it was before, but still clearly quite
long.  In most of these I can't see where the firefox dependency
is coming from.  For instance, the gimp meta-port is still here,
but gimp-app has moved over to the libxul-1.9 +REQUIRED_BY list.

Is there any convenient way to list dependencies hierarchially,
rather than the flat set that pkg_info -r provides?

Cheers,

--
Andrew