pkg_add with NFS

Robert traveling08 at cox.net
Tue Aug 11 21:01:07 UTC 2009

Greetings

A simple question from a simple mind. Or, at least a forgetful one.

I am slowly moving the computers in my SOHO to FreeBSD 8 from 7-stable.
In order to be more efficient, I am using a faster server as a source
and ports server.

The source portion is working as designed with the slower boxes able to
update simply with a make kernel, reboot, make installworld.

I am exporting and then NFS mounting /usr/src, /usr/obj, and /usr/ports.

I had rebuilt all of my ports on the faster computer with
pagkage-recursive. I change the environment on the client box of
PACKAGESITE to /usr/ports/packages/ALL but when I try pkg_add I get the
error can't stat package file 'xorg'. Yes, the file xorg-7blah.tbz does
show at that location.

I probably am forgetting something simple but my searches have not
triggered anything.

Thanks

Robert