SourceForge changing file distribution scheme!

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 11 15:36:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 07:20:54PM +0400, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:
> Hi!

hi Dmitry,

> I've noticed that SF is changing file distribution scheme significantly,
> and I guess that will affect many ports and maybe infrastructure.

I fear the same, unfortunately.  However, I haven't as yet been able to
identify a consistency in the new scheme.  Is it only new files that are
put in the /project/ folder?  Will all files slowly migrate to the new
file structure?  Or is there something different internally in SF
whether something is a project or just a file?

> As you can see, the distfile now redirects to another path and also
> another mirror. As fetch doesn't follow redirects by default, this won't
> work. My idea is that in addition to [old scheme]
>
> MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE+= \
>         http://${mirror}.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/%SUBDIR%/
>
> we'll need to add
>
> MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE_NEW+= \
>         http://${mirror}.dl.sourceforge.net/project/%SUBDIR%/
>
> with coresponding macro (SF -> SFNEW)
>
> and we'll have to add pretty complex MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR to each updated
> port from SF.

I have received a similar patch from Sylvio Cesar, but this only fixes
the issue with the directory changing from sourceforge to project, it
doesn't address the changing of servers you also showed in the example.
This bit is more tricky, and I haven't found a way to predict the final
server/link yet unfortunately.  I hope someone out there is better at
guessing this than me and can come up with a patch for both issues.

Cheers,
-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                   http://droso.org