graphics/gocr

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Aug 11 05:40:30 UTC 2009

Erwin Lansing wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 02:59:18PM -0500, Robert Clemens wrote:
>
> Hi Robert,
>
>> The developer of gocr (jocr) has been unable to upload files to sf.net
>> and seems to want to ditch sf.net for any usage.
>> He puts the file on his own website that sf.net mirrors from. This site
>> should be added to the master sites for the port
>> as none of the other sites contain the correct distfile. The port was
>> updated on August 7th, 2009.
>>
>> Add to master sites for graphics/gocr:
>> http://www-e.uni-magdeburg.de/jschulen/ocr/
>>
> Have you sent this to the maintainer (CCed) of this port?  He did update
> the port to the latest version available at that link (0.48) 3 days ago,
> although I must admit that the package cluster hasn't been able to fetch
> the sources from SF since then.  I've been seeing some strange errors
> from SF over the last few days.

Sourceforge seems to have gone re-direct happy.  Downloading anything from
there seems to require following at least two 302 redirects -- eg:

happy-idiot-talk:...ports/databases/phpmyadmin:% HEAD -uSe http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages.tar.bz2
HEAD http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/project/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin/3.2.1/phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages.tar.bz2
HEAD http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages.tar.bz2 --> 302 Found
HEAD http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages.tar.bz2?download&failedmirror=ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net --> 302 Found
HEAD http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/project/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin/3.2.1/phpMyAdmin-3.2.1-all-languages.tar.bz2 --> 200 OK
Connection: close
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 05:35:13 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
ETag: "2a16476-29cf1f-470bc2217f2c0"
Server: Apache

Notice how it's forced me to go to the Kent mirror?  (Not that I'm complaining --
UKC is only about 15 miles up the road in Canterbury)

This is why I added

    FETCH_ARGS?= -pRr

to the latest update I submitted for phpMyAdmin.  Taking out the default -A flag
lets fetch follow all the redirection.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3