apr-gdbm-db42 upgrade conflicting with libtool

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Mon Aug 10 14:13:59 UTC 2009

> David Southwell wrote:

> >> Guys,
> >>
> >> You were right. I am still having problems.  Just one point here. I am
> >> running the amd64 kernel and I'm on 7.2 Stable.
> >>
> >> I deinstalled libtool and reinstalled it.  I am using python 2.5, I
> >> deinstalled it and reinstalled it.
> >>
> >> These are the ports that are installed:
> >> libtool-2.2.6a      Generic shared library support script
> >>
> >> pkg_info|grep python
> >> boost-python-libs-1.39.0 Framework for interfacing Python and C++
> >> python24-2.4.5_4    An interpreted object-oriented programming language
> >> python25-2.5.4_2    An interpreted object-oriented programming language
> >>

> >> I then tried to install devel/apr and viola here are the problems below:
> >>
> >> checking for strings.h... yes
> >> checking for inttypes.h... yes
> >> checking for stdint.h... yes
> >> checking for unistd.h... yes
> >> checking minix/config.h usability... no
> >> checking minix/config.h presence... no
> >> checking for minix/config.h... no
> >> checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
> >> checking for library containing strerror... none required
> >> checking whether system uses EBCDIC... no
> >> performing libtool configuration...
> >> ./configure: 9753: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
> >> *** Error code 2
> >>
> >> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/apr.
> >> *** Error code 1
> >>
> >> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/apr.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >>
> >> -Troy
> >
> > Can you please post output of pkg_info |grep py
> > David
>
> boost-python-libs-1.39.0 Framework for interfacing Python and C++
> p5-Clone-0.31       Clone - recursively copy Perl datatypes
> py25-dbus-0.83.0_1  Python bindings for the D-BUS messaging system
> py25-elementtree-1.2.6_1 Container for hierarchical data structures
> written in Pytho
> py25-sip-4.8.2,1    Python to C and C++ bindings generator
> py25-xml-0.8.4_2    PyXML: Python XML library enhancements
> python24-2.4.5_4    An interpreted object-oriented programming language
> python25-2.5.4_2    An interpreted object-oriented programming language
> ruby18-bdb-0.6.5_1  Ruby interface to Sleepycat's Berkeley DB revision 2
> or lat
> xdpyinfo-1.0.3      Display information utility for X

In current circumstances you might want to consider uograding to py 26
Here is my list

dns1# pkg_info |grep py
py26-adns-1.2.1     A Python Interface to adns, the asynchronous DNS library
py26-cairo-1.8.6    Python bindings for Cairo
py26-dbus-0.83.0_1  Python bindings for the D-BUS messaging system
py26-dns-2.3.3      DNS (Domain Name Service) library for Python
py26-dnspython-1.7.1 A DNS toolkit for Python
py26-elementtree-1.2.6_1 Container for hierarchical data structures written in
Pytho
py26-gdata-2.0.0    GData Python Client Library
py26-gnome-2.26.1_1 A set of Python bindings for GNOME 2
py26-gnome-desktop-2.26.0_1 A set of Python bindings used by modules in the
GNOME Deskt
py26-gobject-2.16.1 Python bindings for GObject
py26-gstreamer-0.10.15_1 A set of Python bindings for gstreamer
py26-gtk-2.14.1_1   A set of Python bindings for GTK+
py26-gtksourceview-2.6.0_1 A python bindings for the version 2 of the
GtkSourceView li
py26-hotwire-shell-0.721_2 Hotwire is an object-oriented hypershell
py26-libxml2-2.7.3  Python interface for XML parser library for GNOME
py26-numeric-24.2_3 The Numeric Extension to Python
py26-openssl-0.8_1  Python interface to the OpenSSL library
py26-orbit-2.24.0   Python bindings for ORBit2
py26-papyon-0.4.1   A fork of pymsn to support the telepathy MSN connection
man
py26-pycrypto-2.0.1_4 The Python Cryptography Toolkit
py26-setuptools-0.6c9 Download, build, install, upgrade, and uninstall Python
pac
py26-simplejson-2.0.9 Simplejson is a simple, fast, extensible JSON
encoder/decod
py26-sqlite3-2.6.2_1 Standard Python binding to the SQLite3 library
py26-telepathy-butterfly-0.5.0 MSN Connection Manager for Telepathy Framework
py26-telepathy-python-0.15.10 Python bindings for the Telepathy framework
py26-vte-0.20.4_2   Python interface for VTE (Terminal widget)
py26-xml-0.8.4_2    PyXML: Python XML library enhancements
python26-2.6.2_1    An interpreted object-oriented programming language

david