late CONFLICTS check

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 8 12:47:23 UTC 2009

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 13:34:42 +0200
piotr.smyrak at heron.pl wrote:

> I wonder what is the reason we do check-conflicts so late only in
> the _INSTALL_SEQ. Why not put it into _SANITY_SEQ. Right now one
> has to wait to fetch a dist, build port and suddenly before
> installing a conflicts pops up and one has to resolve it. Quite
> annoying in some cases.

I often run "make check-conflicts" manually before installing a port.
It would be nice if the check was made by the port prior to wasting the
time to download it, etc. At the very least, the end user would be
aware that they might have to run a deinstall operation prior to
installing a port.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

The cow is nothing but a machine which makes grass fit for us people to
eat.

	John McNulty