Ports completely and permanently hosed

Erich Dollansky erich at apsara.com.sg
Fri Aug 7 04:48:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

On 07 August 2009 am 11:29:24 Lars Eighner wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Mel Flynn wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 August 2009 17:38:40 Lars Eighner wrote:
>
> Done, months ago with all the core dump stuff.  Still open.
> Umass still crashes the system if I plug the camera or the mp3
> player in.  (I don't mean just doesn't work in some vague way;
> I mean really crashes the system.) Okay, I don't like, but

I never have had this problem. Only unplugging does not work
always. But I get an error message and I have to reboot then to
unmount.

> About 6.2 these things looked to the system like FAT drives.

This is how it should be. Do other USB devices actually work?

Not, that it is a problem outside FreeBSD. BIOS, hardware ...

> Now they look like icebergs and it's "Nearer My God to Thee"

I know people here who love icebergs.

Erich