devel/dbus-qt4 won't build

Lars Eighner portsuser at larseighner.com
Thu Aug 6 07:37:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Doug Barton wrote:

> Naram Qashat wrote:
>
>> Actually, I had this problem as well, I found the solution (after a bit
>> of Googling), is to deinstall devel/dbus-qt4 and then install it again.
>> Apparently the update conflicts with the older version already installed.
>
> Oy, that's not a good thing. I notice that there is now an entry in
> ports/UPDATING that covers this though, so at least users who pay
> attention to that file will not run into the same problem.

It sure looks like this thing gets worse, and worse.  If you try to fix
devel/qt4-designer as suggested in UPDATING it turns out it won't install
without devel/qt4-assistant being updated.

Does anyone check these things before they are committed?

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html