FreeBSD Port: net-snmp-5.4.2.1_5 ; IPFW MIB

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves.avenard at hydrix.com
Wed Aug 5 09:52:24 UTC 2009

Hello

I'm writing to you as you are the maintainer of the net-snmp port.

I've written an IPFW MIB for net-snmp on FreeBSD allowing you to query
the ipfw counters using snmp. This is very useful for monitoring
various network statistics.

I've maintained this patch since 2002 and it has proven itself very
stable with various reports of success.

I was wondering if there was any possibility to include this in the
port, it would make future upgrade much simpler.

A link to the archive is there:
http://www.hydrix.com/Download/Utils/MIB/mib-ipfw2.tgz

Thank you
Jean-Yves

------
Jean-Yves Avenard
Hydrix - Our Expertise - Your Competitive Advantage
www.hydrix.com | fax +61 3 8573 5289  | phone +61 3 8573 5299
VoIP: direct: 200 at voip.hydrix.com, general: info at voip.hydrix.com
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
deserve neither liberty or security (Benjamin Franklin)