Error when using 'portupgrade -ay' (and several others) [Second attempt]

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 3 18:25:45 UTC 2009

[If you reply, please strip off freebsd-stable@, thanks.]

Jens Rasmus Liland wrote:
> That seems to have have done something more. But I still got some funky
> errors after running portmaster -a:

> ===>>> The x11/xphelloworld port has been deleted: Xprint application,
> deprecated upstream
> ===>>> Aborting update

That's just telling you that it can't update that app because the port
doesn't exist anymore. You have several options at that point. If you
want to keep it you can read the portmaster man page about +IGNOREME
files. If you don't need it anymore (and in this case you almost
certainly do not) then you can use 'portmaster -e xphelloworld' to
delete it (or just good old 'pkg_delete -f').

hth,

Doug