/security/logcheck-1.2.54 build failure

Greg Larkin glarkin at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 28 13:32:29 UTC 2009

Kim Culhan wrote:
> Greetings-
>
> The build of the logcheck port fails like this:
>
> ===>   Compressing manual pages for docbook2X-0.8.8_1
> ===>   Registering installation for docbook2X-0.8.8_1
> ===>   Returning to build of logcheck-1.2.54_3
> ===>   logcheck-1.2.54_3 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.9 - found
> ===>  Configuring for logcheck-1.2.54_3
> ===>  Building for logcheck-1.2.54_3
> -:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
> /usr/local/bin/sgml2xml-isoent: cannot find sx(sgml2xml) or osx to
> convert SGML
> ^
> unable to parse -
>
> no element found at line 1, column 0, byte 0 at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/mach/XML/Parser.pm line 187
> *** Error code 255
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/security/logcheck.
>
> Anyone seeing this ?
>
> BTW, email to the logcheck port maintainer bounces as it is forwarded
> by the FreeBSD account to another location:
>
> Remote-MTA: dns; mail1.sourcehosting.net
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Forged Gmail, not sent from your account.
>
> Must mean Forged Gmail vs real Gmail..
>
> regards
> -kim
>
> --

Hi Kim,

I am the logcheck port maintainer.  First, I think I have fixed the
email problem, so you should be able to reach me at glarkin at FreeBSD.org
or glarkin at sourcehosting.net now.

The problem that you reported should be fixed in the current ports tree.
 I saw the same thing reported shortly after committing the change to
security/logcheck.  See this page for an explanation:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=11930+0+current/cvs-ports

Try updating your ports tree and rebuilding, and let me know if it works
now.

Regards,
Greg
- --