Why so many ports still depend on firefox-2.X.X.X ?

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-ports-local at be-well.ilk.org
Sun Apr 26 14:21:04 UTC 2009

Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> writes:

> I see that ImageMagick, gimp, gimp-apps, inkscape, gnucash, etc depend
> on firefox-2.

I don't see that at all.
What makes you say that?

None of those programs seem to have firefox on their dependency lists in
the ports system, and I don't remember using a browser with any of them.

> Why they aren't switched to firefox-3?

The only browser usage I can see in gimp is if you configure it to use a
browser for looking at online help, in which case it defaults to
firefox.  But even then it doesn't specify a particular version.