Failure when upgrading policy kit

Frédéric Perrin frederic.perrin at resel.fr
Tue Apr 21 06:56:07 UTC 2009

Le Lundi 20 à 2:59, Joe Marcus Clarke a écrit :
> On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 15:07 +0200, Frédéric Perrin wrote:
>> For some time now, policykit does not upgrade properly. This has already
>> been reported a couple of times --see [1], [2]. It fails at the same
>> time as the other reports, when running xsltproc. Removing the -nonet
>> option from the xsltproc invokation allows the build to proceed.
>>
>> /usr/local/bin/xsltproc -nonet http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl polkit-auth.xml
>> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
>> warning: failed to load external entity "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl"
>> cannot parse http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
>
> Can you access this URL from your build environment?

Yes, I can ; and sure enough, if I remove the -nonet option, I can see
xsltproc fetching the file on the Internet. Looking a bit further, if I
don't give the URL, but the local path to docbook.xsl, I get :

fred at chameau:/tmp/PolicyKit-0.9/doc/man% xsltproc /usr/local/share/xsl/docbook/manpages/docbook.xsl polkit-auth.xml
warning: failed to load external entity "/usr/local/share/xsl/docbook/html/docbook.xsl"
compilation error: file /usr/local/share/xsl/docbook/manpages/docbook.xsl line 9 element import
xsl:import : unable to load /usr/local/share/xsl/docbook/html/docbook.xsl
warning: failed to load external entity "/usr/local/share/xsl/docbook/html/manifest.xsl"

My /usr/local/share/xsl hierarchy is almost empty. I'll look further as
to why it is so ; it seems like my docbook installation is b0rked. But
once again, seeing that other people reported it, this doesn't seem like
a very rare occurence.

--
Fred