HEADS UP: GNOME 2.26 available for FreeBSD

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 20 00:54:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 21:05 +0400, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Robert Noland wrote:
>
> [snip all]
>
> RN> > Yes, seahorse shows me two keyrings; however, deleting "login" one does not fix
> RN> > the situation: if in the Terminal I try to open tab which ssh's to outer host,
> RN> > I immediately got the popup with
> RN> >
> RN> > "There was an error creating the child process for this terminal"
> RN> >
> RN> > nothing in this tab is started, and tab is just hanging.
> RN> >
> RN> > "login" keyring sometimes got recreated, sometimes not, but the effect above is
> RN> > totally reproducible.
> RN>
> RN> If I am following this correctly, the functionality you are talking
> RN> about is actually provided by seahorse-agent, which is installed with
> RN> the seahorse-plugins port now.  Unless something has changed with the
> RN> default session (and I don't think it has, since my keyrings still work)
> RN> we wrap the session with ssh-agent and seahorse-agent if they are found.
>
> Aha! Yes, and seahorse-plugins was not installed; moreover, one of its
> dependencies (pth) conflicted with pth-hard installed previously. I'll try to
> clean this up and report the results.

I just discovered two serious bugs in seahorse and gnome-keyring that
may be messing you up.  I have committed fixes to the ports-stable
module in MarcusCom CVS pending the ports thaw.  You can access the
report using the instructions at
http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi .

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org