MANLANG + MAN<sect>_<lang> usage

Anonymous swell.k at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 22:44:22 UTC 2009

I have following lines in my Makefile (from ports/133764)

%%%
MANLANG=	"" cs de en_GB es fi hu it lt pl sr sr at latin sv tr zh_CN

MAN6=		wesnoth.6
MAN6_GL=	wesnoth.6
MAN6_RU=	wesnoth.6
MAN6_SK=	wesnoth.6
MAN6+=		wesnothd.6
%%%

which specify to install wesnoth.6 and wesnothd.6 in all language-
specific subdirectories under ${PREFIX}/man/ according to
MANLANG. Nothing wrong with it.

Next, because I want only wesnoth.6 installed for `gl ru sk' as well as
for languages in MANLANG I added added each one to a specific MAN6_<lang>
according to example from Mk/bsd.port.mk. But what I got are leftovers
after `make deinstall':

  files:
    man/gl/man6/wesnoth.6
    man/ru/man6/wesnoth.6
    man/sk/man6/wesnoth.6

Looks like these files were not affected by MAN6_<lang>. Removing MAN6
didn't help. But adding them to MANLANG produces following

%%%
===>   Compressing manual pages for wesnoth-1.6.1
gzip: can't stat: /myprefix/man/gl/man6/wesnothd.6: No such file or directory
gzip: can't stat: /myprefix/man/ru/man6/wesnothd.6: No such file or directory
gzip: can't stat: /myprefix/man/sk/man6/wesnothd.6: No such file or directory
===>   Registering installation for wesnoth-1.6.1
%%%

Am I missing something? What's correct usage of MAN<sect>_<lang>
together with MANLANG?