How to "portinstall -P" packages that alter ther names via PKGNAMESUFFIX?

Panagiotis Christias p.christias at noc.ntua.gr
Tue Apr 14 23:25:01 UTC 2009

Hello,

we were looking for a way to manage efficiently the ports installed in our
servers and we came up with the idea to set up a "builder" server on which
we compile, install and test all ports. The rest of our servers set the
PKG_SITES variable to "builder" and use "portinstall -P" and "portupgrade
-P" for installations and upgrades.

The setup works quite well and has saved us a lot of time and effort.
Currently we are looking for ways to automate as much as possible the whole
process. One of the problems we face is the initial installation of packages
that alter their names, like sendmail+tls+sasl2+ldap+db46 and
openldap-sasl-server. Seems like there is no obvious way to "portinstall -P"
such packages.

Falling back to "pkg_add -r full-URL" would be an ugly solution :-/

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
p.christias at noc.ntua.gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE