HEADS UP: GNOME 2.26 available for FreeBSD

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 14 19:37:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 23:22 +0400, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

> JMC> > Another question: is there a way to avoid apache22 install (i have apache13
> JMC> > installed and have no current plans to upgrade) ? I tried to chase
> JMC> > options but failed.
> JMC>
> JMC> Not by using the meta-port.  This is required for gnome-user-share which
> JMC> is now part of the GNOME Desktop.
>
> Hmm, so currently there is no way to install gnome2 without requiring apache22?

Correct.  You could, of course, go through the meta-port, and remove
gnome-user-share on your own (i.e. build your own customized meta-port).

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org