mythtv 0.21 - trouble compiling the port

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:11:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

2009/4/13 Bernhard Fröhlich <decke at bluelife.at>:
> Looks like another missing patch. Now i've double checked with your list
> and this is the last missing one. (also taken from mythtv-frontend)
>
> http://home.bluelife.at/ports/mythtv/patch-libs-libmythtv-libmythtv.pro

Yes, now 'make' in mythtv woks as expected. Thank you. :-)

However, 'make install' fails if mysql is not running:

Added group "mythtv".
Added user "mythtv".
Starting mysql.
*** Unable to start mysqld
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv.

The port is lying about not being able to start mysql:

root at kg-quiet# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server status
mysql is running as pid 34965.

If I run 'make install' with mysql running, it works as expected.
I'm not really sure how this should be handled.
Perphaps the port should just tell the user that it was unable to
install the database, and tel her / hom how to do it manually?

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen