HEADS UP: GNOME 2.26 available for FreeBSD

Michal Varga varga.michal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:45:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Dmitry Morozovsky <marck at rinet.ru> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Michal Varga wrote:

> Yes, it's Gnome Terminal, see $SUBJ ;-)
>
> I just filled 'ssh -e none host' in execute command field.
>
> Before upgrade to 2.26 everything is worked like a charm -- on a first external
> connect, seahorse popup appears, asks me for a passphrase, and subsequent
> external sessions works automagically.

I'm still puzzled with that, by execute command field i guess you mean
"[x] run a custom command instead of my shell" in gnome-terminal
preferences. Bud where'd you get the ssh/seahorse functionality?

Let's assume the 'ssh' will run the first ssh in path, that is by default

$ which ssh
/usr/bin/ssh

$ ssh -V
OpenSSH_5.1p1 FreeBSD-20080901, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007

But where does your seahorse powered ssh client come from?

m.