HEADS UP: GNOME 2.26 available for FreeBSD

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Tue Apr 14 00:30:28 UTC 2009

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

JMC> > After upgrading via portupgrade -a my home machine I can no longer use Treminal
JMC> > remote login using ssh keys with the following message in the logs (sorry,
JMC> > can't reproduce the message from Terminal popup window)
JMC> >
JMC> > Apr 12 11:54:37 <console.info> revamp kernel: Apr 12 11:54:37 <auth.notice>
JMC> > revamp gnome-keyring-ask: couldn't allocate secure memory to keep passwords and
JMC> > or keys from being written to the disk
JMC> >
JMC> > Any hints to fix this? RELENG_7/i386
JMC>
JMC> This error is normal, and not fatal.  How do you have PAM configured for
JMC> SSH?

Hrrm, this is from client side, not from server, how can PAM intervent with
this?

BTW, I have

There was an error creating the child process for this terminal

as a modal dialog box when I tried to open stored Terminal window to the host
which requires authorized_keys authentication.

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]