Gnucash-2.2.7_2 - 7.2 - Core dump

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Mon Apr 13 10:45:35 UTC 2009

Thomas Hummel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was running RELENG_7/amd64 and the gnucash-2.2.7_2 port. After the last
> portupgrade (I usually portupgrade -a each day) few days ago, gnucash started
> to launch but dumped core while trying to enter into an account.
>
> For additionnal reasons (including a half completed perl5.10 upgrade), I
> deleted all my installed ports and started again with packages (I know about
> how violent it is, but I hadn't much time) : I kept my base, pkg_deleted
> everything and pkg_added -r gnucash and xorg). At that moment, gnucash worked
> again. Then I portsnaped fetch extract, portsnaped fetch update, then
> portupgraded -a : gnucash dumped core again when accessing an account.

[...]
> I guess the upgrade of one or more of those packages (through portupgrade -a,
> thus rebuilding needed dependencies) will make the gnucash core dump problem
> occur again.
>
> Any clue ?

I'm having the same problem both with 7.2 and 8. It crashes when opening
any account page, I think the problem is the glib update to 2.20, or
perhaps the gtk. Gnucash already had this kind of problem in the past.

Here is a backtrace:

(gdb) bt
#0  0x28205e70 in gnucash_sheet_styles_set_dimensions ()
    from /usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-register-gnome.so
#1  0x282060e1 in gnucash_sheet_compile_styles ()
    from /usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-register-gnome.so
#2  0x282069a9 in gnc_table_init_gui ()
    from /usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-register-gnome.so
#3  0x281b2fc8 in gnc_split_reg_new () from /usr/local/lib/libgnc-gnome.so.0
#4  0x281aeba5 in gnc_plugin_page_register_create_widget ()
    from /usr/local/lib/libgnc-gnome.so.0
#5  0x2990f800 in ?? ()
#6  0x0000000a in ?? ()
#7  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#8  0x2ba00000 in ?? ()
#9  0x0804c5c4 in ?? ()
#10 0xbfbfd968 in ?? ()
#11 0x2977be64 in pthread_mutex_unlock () from /lib/libthr.so.3
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

I'm unable to make much from it though.

Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>