net-mgmt/nrpe(2)

Frank Steinborn steinex at nognu.de
Sat Apr 11 01:19:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

I want to propose that net-mgmt/nrpe2 gets net-mgmt/nrpe, and that the
actual net-mgmt/nrpe port gets removed. I strongly doubt that there
are still users of nrpe 1.

In the current situation, there are a lot of confusions: If you get
nrpe from source, (version 2.12), it'll install check_nrpe and the
nrpe deamon. If you use the one provided from ports, they are called
check_nrpe2 and the daemon is called nrpe2.

I got into this trap - I was running the wrong (old) nrpe for weeks,
and when it came to failover monitoring I just realized that my nrpe
version is just, well, outdated.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Frank