squidguard and default blacklists in plist

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Thu Apr 9 10:54:13 UTC 2009

On Thursday, 2009-04-09 at 11:45:45 +0200, Guido Falsi wrote:

This is how sysutils/munin=node does it:

Makefile:

post-install:
        ${INSTALL_DATA} ${FILESDIR}/plugins.conf ${PREFIX}/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/plugins.conf.sample
        @if [ ! -f ${PREFIX}/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/plugins.conf ]; then \
                ${INSTALL_DATA} ${PREFIX}/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/plugins.conf.sample ${PREFIX}/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/plugins.conf; \
        fi

pkg-plist:
@unexec if cmp -s %D/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/plugins.conf %D/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/plugins.conf.sample; then rm -f %D/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/plugins.conf; fi
etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/plugins.conf.sample

I.e. I install the config provided by Munin as plugins.conf.sample. If
there is no plugins.conf, I copy plugins.conf.sample to plugins.conf. On
deinstall, I check if plugins.conf has been modified by comparing it to
the sample. If it hasn't (e.g. package build), I remove it. Then i
remove the sample.

I believe this is a simple and robust method.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| There is no substitute for bad design except worse design.                   |
| /me                                                                          |