Status of devel/boost upgrade

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Tue Apr 7 07:56:42 PDT 2009

* Alexander Churanov (alexanderchuranov at gmail.com) wrote:

> As I see everybody agrees on splitting boost into several ports and on
> Boost.Python beeing a separate port. Let's proceed with option #2
> ("jam", "libs", "python-libs" and "docs").
>
> Personally, I like the idea #4 of having source-libs and a port per a
> shared library. I'd like to have another discussion on that when some
> statistics on boost usage in ports is ready.
>
> I have questions on how to perform this task:
>
> 1) Given that port freeze starts on 13th, are there any chances to
> have boost-1.38 splitted into several packages in 7.2-RELEASE?

We still have time till the end of week, if we ask pav@ to do exp-run
right now and there are few to none failures, you can try.

> 2) Is is permitted to test patch for updating to 1.38 with some ports,
> not with all that depend on boost and then file a PR, specifying which

We'll need an exp-run for it anyway, so I guess it's OK.
If you have a patch ready, I suggest to file a PR and mail pav@ to do
exp-run for it. If there are no major failures, we can push it into the
tree, else we won't be bored during the freeze fixing it.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru