[patch] devel/py-sip 4.7.7 and x11-toolkits/py-qt4-gui 4.4.3

Etienne Robillard robillard.etienne at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 00:19:36 UTC 2008

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 03:11:00 +0200
"Danny Pansters" <danny at ricin.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 20 September 2008 18:35:35 Etienne Robillard wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've made 2 patches which updates x11-toolkits/py-qt4-gui and devel/py-sip
> > to 4.4.3 and 4.7.7 respectively:
> >
> > http://gthc.org/distfiles/py-sip.patch - Updates py-sip (in bsd.pyqt.mk) to
> > 4.7.7 http://gthc.org/distfiles/py-qt4-gui.distinfo.patch - Updates the
> > distinfo file in x11-toolkits/py-qt4-gui
> >
> > To apply, I recommend the following steps:
> >
> > 1. cd /usr/ports
> > 2. patch -p0 < /path/to/py-sip.patch
> > 3. cd x11-toolkits/py-qt4-gui
> > 4. patch -p0  < /path/to/py-qt4-gui.distinfo.patch
> >
> > Comments are welcome!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > -Etienne
>
> What needs to be done is that all of the py-qt4-* ports get updated to
> pyqt4.4.x and qscintilla2 and derived ports. Some new ports would need to be
> created e.g. for webkit, phonon, qthelp and friends, the new xmlfoo
> modules... And after that pykde4.
>
> It's a bad idea to only update sip and one of the pyqt4 ports (e.g. gui). It
> all comes from one set of source tarballs: sip, pyqt and qscintilla. While qt
> is binary compatible over major versions, sip is not binary compatible at
> all. So partially updating would surely lead to problems.
>
> The setup script should be repatched to have the new qt4.4 modules. Also,
> qt-phonon currently conflicts with kde4's phonon. I think we need a
> workaround for that, and of course then also for its pyqt equivalent.
>
> I will try to make some time to do the pyqt and related updates, hopefully on
> monday. If you like/are able to do the whole shebang that would be fine too,
> but please don't partially update the sip/qscintilla/pyqt/pykde combo.
> I'm very busy lately, so to efficiently work on pyqt/pykde I rather reserve a
> whole day or perhaps even two so that I can finish it somewhere past midnight
> that day or the second ;-)
>
> If you want to take it on (the whole shebang that is), you're welcome to do
> so. Please let me know then, so that we don't duplicate work.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

Sorry I was quite busy myself lately. But I have managed to run Camelot,
a gui on top of Elixir, which requires PyQt 4.4.3 and related dependencies
with the patches mentioned above.

So I don't think updating the whole shebang is a must, although I agree
with you that its advisable to update the whole thing for best results.

erob at fluke% pkg_info | grep qt4
py25-qt4-core-4.4.3_2,1 Python bindings for the Qt4 toolkit, QtCore module
py25-qt4-gui-4.4.3_2,1 Python bindings for the Qt4 toolkit, QtGui module
py25-qt4-test-4.4.3_2,1 Python bindings for the Qt4 toolkit, QtTest module
qt4-assistant-4.4.1 Qt documentation browser
qt4-clucene-4.4.1   QtCLucene full text search library wrapper
qt4-corelib-4.4.1   Qt core library
qt4-designer-4.4.1  Qt ui editor
qt4-doc-4.4.1       Multiplatform C++ application framework
qt4-gui-4.4.1_1     Qt graphical user interface library
qt4-help-4.4.1      QtHelp module provides QHelpEngine API and is used by Assis
qt4-iconengines-4.4.1 Qt SVG icon engine plugin
qt4-imageformats-4.4.1 Qt imageformat plugins for GIF, JPEG, MNG and SVG
qt4-inputmethods-4.4.1 Qt input method plugins
qt4-moc-4.4.1       Qt meta object compiler
qt4-network-4.4.1   Qt network library
qt4-qmake-4.4.1     The build utility of the Qt project
qt4-qt3support-4.4.1 Qt3 compatibility library
qt4-qtestlib-4.4.1  Qt unit testing library
qt4-rcc-4.4.1       Qt resource compiler
qt4-script-4.4.1    Qt script
qt4-sql-4.4.1       Qt SQL library
qt4-sqlite-plugin-4.4.1 Qt SQLite 3.x database plugin
qt4-svg-4.4.1       Qt SVG library
qt4-uic-4.4.1       Qt user interface compiler
qt4-webkit-4.4.1    Qt4 webkit engine
qt4-xml-4.4.1       Qt XML library

Thanks!

Etienne