Evince 2.22.2_3: "Unhandled MIME type: “application/pdf”"

Mark Evenson mark.evenson at gmx.at
Wed Sep 17 15:28:37 UTC 2008

Jeremy Messenger wrote:
[...]
> Have you guys follow in /usr/ports/UPDATING?

Mezz is refering to the entry labeled  20080725:

20080725:
   AFFECTS: users of x11-fm/nautilus and misc/shared-mime-info
   AUTHOR: gnome at FreeBSD.org

   In order to properly update x11-fm/nautilus and misc/shared-mime-info, do
   the following using portupgrade:

	# pkg_deinstall -fO nautilus
	# portupgrade shared-mime-info
	# portinstall -O nautilus

   Once misc/shared-mime-info has been updated, each user will need to
run the
   following command:

	$ update-mime-database ~/.local/share/mime/

which, after I followed the instructions, results in a working Nautilus.

I wasn't able to find a Nautilus/GNOME command-line equivalent to
file(1), but context-clicking in Nautilus to show the "Properties"
dialog reports the MIME type that Nautilus thinks the file represents.

--
<Mark.Evenson at gmx.at>

"[T]his is not a disentanglement from, but a progressive knotting into."