OPTIONS handling doesn't seem to work fully in dependencies anymore

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 17 07:44:14 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 08:52:31AM +0200, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> >Nevertheless, going back to rev. 1.559 of b.p.m. restores correct
> >behavior.
>
> Are you sure? I didn't try, but that commit seems to add new reasons to
> show up the dialog box while not removing any of the old ones.
> Running "make config-recursive" still works (and it calls recursively
> "make config-conditional" that works), so it seems john's analysis is
> correct, but I cannot figure how (and if) ever worked before.

Perhaps I was too fast in my response; I cannot reproduce it now.  While
I'm trying to continuously approach revision that used to work, I'm
starting to suspect that what if it never actually worked?

John, how old was your ports tree on 6.x?  Maybe this can shed some light
on the subject..

./danfe