databases/mysql51-server and beginner's InnoDB questions

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 05:29:01 UTC 2008

Morgan Wesström wrote:
> Matthew Seaman wrote:

>  > No, the sample my.cnf files in /usr/local/share/mysql/ are copied
>  > straight out of the mysql sources -- there are no FreeBSD specific
>  > modifications to those files.  The bug is with the upstream MySQL
>  > distribution.  There's already an open bug report:
>  >
>  >    http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=38249
>
> I found some other report suggesting it was fixed in 5.1.25 but in this
> bugreport it appears to be fixed in versions after 5.1.26 if I
> understand it correctly?

The status is 'verified' -- that is, MySQL acknowledge that it is a
bug, but no fix has yet been committed.  '5.1+' identifies the versions
where the bug is /present/ -- that configuration option is perfectly
legal in 5.0 or below.  It's seen as a low priority documentation fix
so it's currently languishing somewhere at the back of the queue for
available resources...

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3