FreeBSD Port: linuxpluginwrapper-20051113_8

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Sat Sep 13 12:34:57 UTC 2008

Jos Backus writes:

>  Sadly, www/nspluginwrapper (specifically npviewer.bin), while
>  functional on my -current box, leaks like a sieve, ballooning to
>  a gigabyte or more after a day's use from within Firefox.

	The same here with the exception a) I'm using Seamonkey and b)
the maximum is between 525 and 550 mb.  When it is maxed out, no
browser window displays (redraws).
	I can restore correct behavior (temporarily) by doing

	killall npviewer.bin

	however at some point the npviewer process will "restart",
slowing the system to a crawl for 60-90 seconds.
	I have anecdotal reason to believe this is related to the use
of the Flash plugin.

				Robert Huff