USE_GECKO=firefox and firefox3

Norberto Meijome numardbsd at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 07:17:18 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I have firefox3 installed. my make.conf shows USE_GECKO=firefox.

When I try to install any port (in particular today, the latest eclipse 3.3.2 )
which uses USE_GECKO, www/firefox is pulled into the dependencies, rather tha
firefox3.

I use portupgrade to launch the eclipse upgrade ( portupgrade -p eclipse ) ,
and my /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf contains the following relevant entries:

 ALT_PKGDEP = {
    'www/mozilla' => 'www/firefox3',
    'www/firefox' => 'www/firefox3',
    'firefox-2*' => 'firefox-3*',
    'firefox' => 'firefox3',
[...]
}

still, no luck, ffox 2 gets pulled in.

should Mk/bsd.gecko.mk have support for firefox3 ? Is there any solution,other
than deinstalling ffox3, install ffox2, install eclipse, and then replace ffox2
with 3 ?

 ( I *suspect* that portupgrade -o {ffox something} {ffox other} eclipse would
do , but not entirely sure how it works....

Thanks for any help!!
B, now gmail powered.
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"I respect faith, but doubt is what gives you an education."
   Wilson Mizner

Warned.