COPYTREE_AUTO

Akinori MUSHA knu at iDaemons.org
Wed Sep 3 09:57:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

At Wed, 3 Sep 2008 01:21:41 -0800,
Beech Rintoul wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 September 2008, Akinori MUSHA said:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What about adding COPYTREE_AUTO defined as below?
> >
> > You often need some scripts in an example directory to have
> > executable bits so that the examples actually work, and it is waste
> > of time to sort files out into COPYTREE_BIN and COPYTREE_SHARE when
> > they already have proper bits out of the tarball.
(snip)
> I'm working on this with portmgr. The first step is to fix copytree.
> If you try and use copytree_bin you will end up hosing
> your /usr/local/bin dir. I have already submitted some fixed code and

Indeed.  The find $target -exec chmod .. part is extremely dangerous
and that's why I was only using copytree macros for installing
examples and documents.

> was planning on adding copytree_www, so adding copytree_auto won't be
> a big problem. This is all strictly portmgr territory, so it's up to
> whatever they decide.

I can wait until the copytree stuff are properly reimplemented.  No
problem.  I just put COPYTREE_AUTO in databases/mysql-q4m for my own
purpose and am still looking around to see how other people do to
install many files.

Regards,

--
Akinori MUSHA / http://akinori.org/