Portupgrade has serious problems

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Mon Sep 1 23:13:49 UTC 2008

Hi

I have posted to kde list problms in upgrading due to portupgrade failing to
mange dependencies in the wrong order.
Here is another example:

/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib
===>   Registering installation for apache-2.2.9_2
===> SECURITY REPORT:
      This port has installed the following files which may act as network
      servers and may therefore pose a remote security risk to the system.
/usr/local/lib/libapr-1.so.3

      This port has installed the following startup scripts which may cause
      these network services to be started at boot time.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/htcacheclean

      If there are vulnerabilities in these programs there may be a security
      risk to the system. FreeBSD makes no guarantee about the security of
      ports included in the Ports Collection. Please type 'make deinstall'
      to deinstall the port if this is a concern.

      For more information, and contact details about the security
      status of this software, see the following webpage:
http://httpd.apache.org/
===>  Cleaning for apache-2.2.9_2
--->  Cleaning out obsolete shared libraries
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 1047 packages
found (-0 +1) . done]
--->  Skipping 'graphics/gimp-app' (gimp-app-2.4.6_1,1) because a requisite
package 'apache-2.2.9' () failed (specify -k to force)
--->  Skipping 'graphics/gimp' (gimp-2.4.6,2) because a requisite
package 'gimp-app-2.4.6_1,1' (graphics/gimp-app) failed (specify -k to force)

Could someone look into this or should I raise a PR?

David