FreeBSD Port: tovid-0.30_6

tigner tigner at msu.edu
Wed Oct 29 09:00:36 PDT 2008

Dear Sir(s),

I would like to bring your attention to a problem in the scripts
in the tovid package.

tovid uses mplayer to identify characteristics of a video.

mplayer uses $home/.mplayer/config as its config file.

IF $home/.mplayer/config has an entry 'loop = 0' then
tovid/makexml/idvid scripts will hang forever.

I suggest that in the idvid script, to include '-loop 1' in the
command that uses mplayer to identify a video might
just fix this problem.

Current line in idvid:

mplayer -vo null -ao null -frames 1 -channels 6 -identify \
                "$INFILE" > "$SCRATCH_FILE" 2>&1
Suggested replacement:

mplayer -vo null -ao null -frames 1 -loop 1 -channels 6 -identify \
                "$INFILE" > "$SCRATCH_FILE" 2>&1

The change might have to be in made several lines of idvid.

Thank you for listening.

Barry A. Tigner
Electronics Shop manager
Physics and Astronomy department