OOo-3 and OOo-3-RC [?]

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Oct 28 05:37:28 UTC 2008

	Maybe somebody in ports can help me understand the relationship between
	the openoffice.org-3 and the openoffice.org-3-RC.  I ask because last
	time I got stuck with OOo-2-RC (that I see is still in editors/.
	portupgrade says the latter cannot be upgraded.

	Ideally, I'd like to go with OOo-3 antil it is exceptionally good and
	stay there until OOo-4.  (FWIW, I'm very happily at openoffice-2.4.
	Somehow.  I'd be much obliged if somebody could explain this numbering!

	tia, guys,

	gary