xclip dependencies

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 21:52:43 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Eitan Adler <eitanadlerlist at gmail.com> wrote:

> Carlos A. M. dos Santos wrote:
> <snip>
> The makefile you provided works to install xclip it also reduces the
> number of dependencies.  I personally feel that it should be committed.
> Any comments before I open a PR?

The makefile clearly subverts the order by predefining USE_X_PREFIX as
"no". It solves the problem but I'd prefer a general solution, perhaps
removing the definitions of BUILD_DEPENDS and RUN_DEPENDS, in lines
2037 and 2038 of bsd.port.mk. I'm afraid, however, that this would
break packages that don't list their run-time dependencies via
USE_XORG.

--
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/life
make clean