FreeBSD Port: DarwinStreamingServer-6.0.3

Jason jason at tinisi.com
Tue Oct 21 13:46:15 UTC 2008

Jeremy and Carlos,
    Thanks much for the help! After updating my ports tree properly, I
got DSS 6.03 installed on FreeBSD 6.0 no problem. However, I am still
having a streaming issue that you might recognize. When I first start
the server, I can get a playlist working and also broadcast live using
the free Mac based QT broadcaster client. I can connect and disconnect
to the playlist and the live stream one or two times, but after a short
while, the server stops responding.
    Any ideas? Is this a known issue, or am I having a network problem?
I feel like I have run into something similar in early troubleshooting
that had to do with lost UDP packets, but my network environ hasn't
changed much since this worked, so I was suspecting the switch to QT7
clients and hoping the upgrade to DSS 6.03 would fix the issue. I *do*
have streaming over port 80 enabled, and the service has it's own IP
address.
    Thanks again for the assistance.

Jason