archivers/rar: lib32 is not actually needed on amd64

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Mon Oct 20 14:14:28 UTC 2008

I try to install archivers/rar on amd64 system without 32-bit userland
(NO_LIB32) but with 32-bit support in kernel (COMPAT_IA32) and I get the
following error:

** Port marked as IGNORE: archivers/rar:
        requires 32-bit libraries installed under /usr/lib32

On the other hand, if I comment out the following line in port's
Makefile I get successful installation and properly working rar:
IA32_BINARY_PORT=	YES

And also:
$ file /usr/local/bin/rar
/usr/local/bin/rar: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), statically linked, stripped

So, being a static executable rar can not require any libraries. It does
require 32-bit support in kernel, of course.

So, I think that IA32_BINARY_PORT should be changed to some other check.
E.g. something like IA32_STATIC_BINARY_PORT that would check only for
HAVE_COMPAT_IA32_KERN and not for HAVE_COMPAT_IA32_LIBS (speaking in
terms of bsd.port.mk).

I am CC-ing freebsd-ports because there can be other similar ports that
could benefit from the suggested relaxed check.

--
Andriy Gapon