It is illogical layout of ports

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Sat Oct 11 11:32:49 UTC 2008

Sokolov Alexey <nullbsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> The location of some ports contradictory. They need all rank in the categories
> you want.

My goodness, you're right!

Quick, stop all other development and have the entire FreeBSD community
audit all _18000_ ports to ensure they're all in the appropriate
categories!

It shouldn't take long.  I mean, there's no possibility that there'll
be any disagreement among the community as to where each port belongs.
There's no possibility that such an audit would be tied up in bikeshed
discussions for eons.

(Especially since I think most of the ports you complained about are
already in the right place.)

In all seriousness, what did you expect was going to happen as a result
of your email?  What did you really hope to accomplish?

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com