portupgrade fails - how to fix?

Janky Jay, III jankyj at unfs.us
Tue Oct 7 19:29:27 UTC 2008

Not sure how well this work as a 'workaround', but, being as I use ZSH
as my shell, I always wrap anything I'm specifically upgrading using
portupgrade with single quotes. IE:

portupgrade -rR 'some-port-2.4.1_1' 'some-other-port-1.0.5_1,3'

I haven't had any issues with this at all. Can anyone confirm if
specifying the complete port name wrapped in single quotes allows
portupgrade to finish successfully?

Regards,
Janky Jay, III