FreeBSD Port: net-im/xfce4-messenger-plugin-0.1.0_5

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Fri Nov 21 23:23:21 PST 2008

Fbsd1 wrote:

> There is something wrong here.
> This is suppose to be a instant messenger because its in net-im.
> The long description points to  http://goodies.xfce.org/ but at that
> site there is no reference to a plugin by this name and there is no
> instant messenger of any kind at the website.

It listens to Dbus messages.

> When I did a pkg_add for the this port the only thing "locate" can find
> is messenger for thunderbird.

you need to rebuild the locate database before locate can find anything
which is new on the system since the last rebuilb.
You can easily add this plugin when you rightclick on the panel and use
"Add a new item". You'll have a new "Messenger" available in the list of
items to select for adding.

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/