FreeBSD Port: webmin-1.420_1

Mark mark at lightflowinterrupted.com
Sat May 31 11:48:55 UTC 2008

Hi,
Just an FYI for a problem I ran in to with the Webmin port:

I've just installed a fresh version of 7-Stable, using pretty much the
default options on a fairly standard new i386 box.

I installed Webmin from the ports, but the Disk & Filesystem module gives an
error (this is used whenever you log in to Webmin, as far as I can tell):

An error has occurred building a program for listing mounted filesystems on
your system :

/usr/local/lib/webmin/mount/freebsd-mounts-5.c: In function 'main':
/usr/local/lib/webmin/mount/freebsd-mounts-5.c:18: warning: incompatible
implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
/usr/local/lib/webmin/mount/freebsd-mounts-5.c: In function 'expand_flags':
/usr/local/lib/webmin/mount/freebsd-mounts-5.c:34: warning: incompatible
implicit declaration of built-in function 'strcat'
/usr/local/lib/webmin/mount/freebsd-mounts-5.c:38: error: 'MNT_NODEV'
undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/local/lib/webmin/mount/freebsd-mounts-5.c:38: error: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once
/usr/local/lib/webmin/mount/freebsd-mounts-5.c:38: error: for each function
it appears in.)
/usr/local/lib/webmin/mount/freebsd-mounts-5.c:48: warning: incompatible
implicit declaration of built-in function 'strlen'

Not a huge deal for me as I don't really use that module, but I thought I
should flag it up.  I couldn't find anything useful (or in English) online
about it, so apologies if it's a known issue.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help diagnose the
problem.

In any event, I've been using the port for years, so thanks for maintaining
it thus far!

Yours,
Mark