problems building the latest ghostscript-gpl

Geoffroy DESVERNAY dgeo at ec-marseille.fr
Sun May 25 11:40:00 UTC 2008

> | I'm also having the same problem building on
> | FreeBSD/AMD64 8-CURRENT.  I commented out the entries
> | I had in ports.conf for this port, and checked CFLAGS:
> |
> | # cd /usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gpl
> | # make -V CFLAGS
> | -O2 -pipe  -fno-strict-aliasing
> |
> | And the port fails the same way.  FT_BRIDGE is not enabled.  When I
> added -fPIC
> | to CFLAGS_STANDARD.  Then the port would build.
>=20
> None of the below work but the above does with a slight motification
> (tha attached patch).     Is it time to submit a formal PR with the
> patch attached?
>=20
Anyway, it works for me (on 6-STABLE, 6.3p2 ant 7-STABLE)

--=20
        /     Geoffroy DESVERNAY       |                            \
       /\        `Service info`        | Tel: (+33|0)4 91 05 45 24  /\
       \/ Ecole Centrale de Marseille  | Fax: (+33|0)4 91 05 45 98  \/
        \         (ex-EGIM)            | Mail: dgeo at ec-marseille.fr /