Gnash 0.8.2

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Sat May 17 03:05:02 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Carlos A. M. dos Santos
<unixmania at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 2:25 AM, Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru> wrote:
>> I've submitted update for gnash port to 0.8.2 (see
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=123708). We still have
>> some time before it's comitted so I'd ask everione interested in
>> this port to test it.
[...]
> I noticed that video rendering lags behind audio with 0.8.2 and devel.
> It seems that video rendering with AGG is not fast enough, so I will
> try to improve the performance by trimming some compilation
> parameters.

The lag happens when I use the browser plugin, not the standalone
player. For example, running

     /usr/local/bin/gtk-gnash /tmp/video.swf

works flawlessly, but opening firefox and browsing to

     file:///tmp/video.swf

I get unsynchronized video and audio.

--
Carlos A. M. dos Santos