asterisk: undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_add_4'

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Fri May 9 17:16:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, 9 May 2008, Randy Bush wrote:

RB> > Do you have CPUTYPE defined in /etc/make.conf ? I posted about this a few days
RB> > ago.
RB> >
RB> > As a workaround, you can use `make CPUTYPE='
RB>
RB> put
RB>   CPUTYPE=
RB> in make.conf.  rebuilt apache22
RB>
RB> # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 start
RB> Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:
RB> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
RB> Starting apache22.
RB> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Ouch! Not good.

Actually, I keep existing CPUTYPE?=k8 in /etc/make.conf (nore the
recommended ?= way) and rebuilt just asterisk with overriding CPUTYPE=

It's only a workaround, sure, but at least it answers the question why
pointyhat and ports tinderboxen did not break at asterisk building.

Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]