after X.org upgrade, pcidata module is missing

Marcin Cieslak saper at system.pl
Mon Mar 17 10:22:34 UTC 2008

Scott Bennett wrote:
>      Can someone tell me where to find the font that X is looking for?
> And then, how and where do I install the font?  /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts
> contains no files with names containing the string "fixed", but I know so
> little about the internals of X that I don't know whether the reference
> to a default font called "fixed" has anything to do with the file name(s)
> that would contain the font in question.

Do you have anything in those /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts directories?
If not, installing some ports from x11-fonts/xorg-fonts* family would
certainly help.

I suppose that your upgrade process didn't go so smooth and you need to
check which X components got installed.

I would verify how far you are with

x11/xorg-libraries
x11-fonts/xorg-fonts
x11/xorg-protos

Checking x11/xorg-apps and x11/xorg-docs may save you some frustration, too.

--Marcin