FreeBSD imapsync port

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 21 17:30:06 UTC 2008

tektonaut at fuckner.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There are some trouble getting imapsync port running:
>
> First, it would be nice adding a patch to change the shebang to
> /usr/local/bin/perl. I don't expect anybody having perl on FreeBSD
> at /usr/bin/perl.
>
> Secondly imapsync will not run with Mail::IMAPClient from ports,
> as said by imapsync itself:
>
> Subroutine Authuser redefined at /usr/local/bin/imapsync line 2557.
> imapsync needs perl lib Mail::IMAPClient release 2.2.9 exactly, future
> imapsync release may suppoort 3.0.x, but sorry not now. See file
> BUG_IMAPClient_3.xx
> # Looks like your test died before it could output anything.
>
> Mail::IMAPClient provided with imapsync src should be used instead.
>
> Regards,
> Adam

#!/usr/bin/perl is installed as symlink for consistency. The line does
not have to be changed in my eyes. I also do not see us removing the
symlink anytime soon so lets just leave it like that :-).

About the rest of the stuff: I cannot judge about that.

Cheers
Remko

--

/"\   Best regards,                      | remko at FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                       | remko at EFnet