please test experimental qemu-devel-20080620 snapshot and kqemu-1.4.0pre1 update!

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Fri Jun 20 21:13:27 UTC 2008

Hi!

 I've been playing with a qemu-devel update again recently (which also
includes a kqemu api change, therefore I have a new kqemu-kmod-devel
port too), and these are the main news:

- Many targets including x86 have been converted from dyngen to tcg
completely, which should allow building them with newer gcc versions;
I've added an ALL_TARGETS knob that can be turned off if you only need
these targets, that avoids building the gcc34 port if you're on 7.0 or
later.  Here is the list out of the CONFIGURE_ARGS:
	i386-softmmu,sparc-softmmu,x86_64-softmmu,mips-softmmu,mipsel-softmmu,mips64-softmmu,mips64el-softmmu,arm-softmmu,m68k-softmmu
(I only tested i386 and x86_64 a little bit.  This knob also needs testing
on 7.0 and later i386 hosts.)
- kqemu now also works for i386-softmmu on amd64 hosts, i.e. you no longer
need to use qemu-system-x86_64 there if you want kqemu.
- And of course the usual round of bugfixes and optimizations, etc.

 The tcg conversions can cause regressions tho, and indeed I found
that 7.0-RELEASE-amd64-livefs.iso causes qemu-system-x86_64 to crash on
i386 hosts, it'd be interesting if you can find more.  (I'll post a seperate
message with details about that crash on the qemu list, and probably won't
commit this version because of that.)

 I didn't inline the update and kqemu port this time since its two files,
just fetch them from:
	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/kqemu-kmod-devel.shar
and
	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-20080620.patch