why some ports still use openldap-client23?

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Thu Jun 19 11:45:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, 11:36 +0200, Gaye Abdoulaye Walsimou wrote:
> Yuri Pankov a ?crit :
> >
> >While WANT_* variables are restricted to usage inside ports framework
> >(quoting bsd.port.mk), the only way that I've found to force
> >openldap-client24 is WANT_OPENLDAP_VER=24.
> >
> Yes it works, I will use it until all ports use openldap-client24.
> Thanks

The documentataion in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk explains why ports which
specify USE_OPENLDAP keep wanting OpenLDAP 2.3 - unless you specify 2.4

# USE_OPENLDAP
    If set, this port uses the OpenLDAP libraries.
    Implies: WANT_OPENLDAP_VER?=23

# WANT_OPENLDAP_VER
    Legal values are: 22, 23, 24
    If set to an unkown value, the port is marked BROKEN.

# WANT_OPENLDAP_SASL
    If set, the system should use OpenLDAP libraries
    with SASL support.

--
John Marshall