audio/squeezecenter: .tgz not on Freebsd.org (is on slimdevices.com); perl probs

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 16 03:05:03 UTC 2008


On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 05:46:59PM -0500, Brooks Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 09:19:35PM +0100, Rob MacGregor wrote:
> > Chris Shenton unleashed the infinite monkeys on 13/06/2008 19:50 producing:
> >> The port tries to find the .tgz on FreeBSD.org only, but it does not
> >> exist.  I found it on slimdevices -- same MD5, SHA256, SIZE:
> >> 
> >> http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/SqueezeCenter_v7.0.0/squeezecenter-7.0-noCPAN.tgz
> > 
> > I saw the same thing, but grabbed the 7.0.1 version instead (as the port is 
> > supposedly 7.0.1).  I had to change the variable WRKSRC to reflect the new 
> > directory.
> 
> I suspect you have an outdated port.  What is the $FreeBSD*$ string in the
> comment at the top of the Makefile?  It should be:
> 
> # $FreeBSD: ports/audio/squeezecenter/Makefile,v 1.46 2008/06/12 00:56:51 brooks Exp $
> 
> > I instead get:
> > 
> > Starting squeezecenter.
> > The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with SqueezeCenter:
> >   JSON::XS::VersionOneAndTwo (loaded <not found>, need 0.31)
> > 
> > The JSON package is installed:
> > 
> > p5-JSON-XS-2.20     JSON serialising/deserialising, done...
> 
> This is almost certainly caused be an outdated port.  The JSON::XS
> version in ports used to match the one in the ports system.  As a
> result, the fact that I'd failed to remove all of the pieces from the
> CPAN directory in the distribution didn't hurt.  Once the ports version
> was updated that caused things to break.  I suspect that's the problem
> here, though it could be something else.

OK, I've got to take most of this back.  This could be correct, but
probably isn't.

It looks like I botched the 7.0.1 upgrade fairly badly by not checking
the downloads thuroughly and as a result the URL was bogus.  It only
appears to work if you already had the old distfile around.  I'm
currently packing for a trip, but will try to get the port upgraded
correctly in the next day or two.

Sorry for the confusion.

-- Brooks
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/attachments/20080616/bc7429e2/attachment.pgp


More information about the freebsd-ports mailing list